East Compton Seagulls (Eng)




FC Wein Schweine Fliegen (Eng)

GBS Reds (Cze)




JJ's (Eng)


Plate Semi-Final time and things were getting interesting. First up was East Compton Seagulls versus FC Wein Schweine Fliegen. Both had overcome tough Quarter-Finals to reach this stage with the Seagulls defeating Bayer Never Lose Em 1-0 and FC Wein Schweine Fliegen overcoming Stadtrandkicker 08 2-1.


Both teams came into the game on the back of two successive wins so this was going to be a tough one to call. East Compton Seagulls took the lead through Mike Pitt in the first half and that sparked a purple period for the Seagulls who quickly made it 2-0 and 3-0 with both goals from Rob Graham. Graham had enjoyed a great goalscoring day so far and he moved on to a total of 8 for the day an impressive return. FC Wein Schweine Fliegen were unable to respond and the rest of the game was played out with no further addition to the score.


The game finished 3-0 and it was sadly game over for FC Wein Schweine Fliegen. It had been a tough day for them as they'd picked up injuries meaning they were down to the minimum 5 players so it had been a touch of a struggle from the end of the group stage. As always, it was a great pleasure to see Jack Croft and his team-mates on tour. We look forward to seeing them again soon.


The second Semi-Final was an encounter between Czech team GBS Reds and English team JJ's. GBS Reds were certainly no strangers to this stage of a competition in our tournaments on 4 previous occasions losing 3 knock-out Semi-Finals and winning the Plate via a 4-team Round Robin in the 2010 Prague Trophy. Could they overcome the knock-out Semi-Final hurdle?


JJ's would be doing all they could to avoid that and maintain an wanted record for GBS Reds. JJ's had been impressive on debut and even beaten the Germans at penalties so you wouldn't bet against them. It all looked good for the English side when they took the lead through Harry French with goal number four of the competition for him.


It was a lead they took to half-time but the second half proved a different story. GBS Reds clearly didn't want a record of 4 Plate Semi-Finals, 4 defeats. Josef Salatek put them back in the game at 1-1 and with momentum behind them Achille Anague put them 2-1 up. The pressure was now on JJ's to hit back and inevitably they would leave gaps at the back and Vincent Solem took full advantage to make it 3-1 and seal a place in the Final for GBS Reds.


We sadly had to say Auf Wiedersehen to JJ's on this occasion but they had been a great asset to the tournament. It was a fine debut and a great bunch of lads we very much hope that JJ's choose to tour with us again.


Click on links below to proceed to



©Copyright 2006 |
site disclaimer | contact us