JNJ High Wycombe B (Eng)




Cilag Team 3 (Swi)

GBS Reds A (Cze)




JNJ Wuppertal (Ger)

De Puy Synthes 2 (Eng)




JNJ Middle East (UAE)

Leeds One (Eng)




Cilag Team 2 (Swi)


We arrived at the Plate Quarter-Final stage and we would shortly see eight teams reduced to four teams. JNJ High Wycombe B would meet Cilag Team 3. The pre-determined draw meant the 3rd best 3rd placed team would meet the best 6th placed team with the former being JNJ High Wycombe B who would be favourites going into this game.

Unfortunately this fixture was a non-starter. Cilag Team 3 did not report to the pitch in time we often give some grace but the following Cup Quarter-Finals were due to start and with us needing all four pitches for that we really had no option but to enforce the rules re lateness and award a 3-0 walkover to JNJ High Wycombe B.


The second Quarter-Final saw GBS Reds A take on JNJ Wuppertal as 4th place from Group A would take on 5th Place from Group B.

Each team had played in a Plate Quarter-Final before both in Prague 2012. GBS Reds A won theirs 2-0 over Switzerland's Team Zug. JNJ Wuppertal B lost theirs 3-1 to Belgium's GTSC. These two teams had come head-to-head twice in the group phase of our tournaments. In Prague 2012, GBS Reds A met JNJ Wuppertal A with the German side winning 1-0. In Budapest 2013 there was a resounding 3-1 win for JNJ Wuppertal.

That was the history, let's look at the present. GBS Reds A had performed well in Group A and recorded 7 points from their efforts. JNJ Wuppertal had started well but tailed off and took 4 points from their 5 games the most worrying thing for them was that they came into this game on the back of a heavy 8-1 defeat.

Unfortunately for German fans that form continued into the knock-out phase as they soon found themselves 2-0 down to GBS Reds A. Milos Novak was on target to open the scoring before Anis Kateb doubled the advantage. As the second half kicked off GBS Reds A were in control and they pressed home their superiority with Jindrich Kyjovsky making it 3-0, Milos Novak 4-0 and finally Petr Mizera rounding off a 5-0 victory.

GBS Reds A were through to the Semi-Finals, JNJ Wuppertal's time on the pitch was over.


We moved to Pitch C and the third Quarter-Final. It was the 4th placed team in Group B, De Puy Synthes 2, versus the 5th placed team in Group C JNJ Middle East.

De Puy Synthes 2 would come into the game as slight favourites not only due to their higher placing in the group phase but also due to the fact they had picked up 6 points to their opponents 5, had a better goal difference (-4 to -6), scored more (6 compared to 2) but they had conceded more (10 compared to 8). This should be tempered with the fact that JNJ Middle East had lost 6-0 to Cilag Team 1 and without that result the stats would have been much closer.

These two teams hadn't met head to head yet although JNJ Middle East did meet De Puy Synthes 1 (playing as Tekkers Lovakia) at the Bratislava 2014 tournament. On that occasion we had a very close 1-0 win to the team from Leeds. Here in the Plate Quarter-Finals in Prague we also had a very close game for the first half at least. The two teams reached the break all square at 1-1. James Dunstan with the goal for the English team and Ross McAnlis for the Dubai-based team.

After the break JNJ Middle East forged ahead through captain Matt Tominey and from there they didn't look back. Vasco Costa Marques gave them some breathing space at 3-1 before Peter Lane and Nicholas Yuill meant five different goalscorers in a fine 5-1 win. De Puy Synthes 2 were out but they still had interest in the tournament with their first team in action in the Cup.


Three Quarter-Finals down, one to go as Leeds One would play Cilag Team 2. The Swiss team were looking at a possible Cup and Plate double whilst Leeds One/Two could potentially snaffle a Plate and Wooden Spoon double. As we were in the knock-out stages these teams would need to be flawless from hereon or face exit from the competition.

In the group phase, the fixtures between these offices had both gone the way of the Swiss. Cilag Team 1 beat Leeds One 5-0 and Cilag Team 2 beat Leeds Two 7-1, we expected a tighter game between Leeds One and Cilag Team 2. We were expecting Leeds One to win this one having won 2, drawn 1 and lost 2 this morning. Cilag Team 2 had just that one win over Leeds Two to show for their efforts.

After the early exchanges it looked like we would be wrong as it was Cilag Team 2 who opened up a 4-2 lead in a first half that had goals aplenty. Leeds One staged a comeback in the second half but they couldn't quite catch up with their opponents who edged it 6-5. It was the highest scoring game of the tournament.

The scorers incidentally were Ivica Kusanic (4), Fabian Mark and Marco Neidhart for Cilag Team 2 and James High (2) and George Lazaro (3) for Leeds One. The day was over for Leeds One but ended on a good personal note for their two main goalscorers who finished with four goals and six goals respectively. George Lazaro had repeated his tally of 6 from Bratislava 2014.

Click on links below to proceed to



©Copyright 2006 |
site disclaimer | contact us