Policia Mallorca (Spa)




Coverton Road (Eng)

Team Extreme (Eng)




Son Gual (Spa)


The first Semi-Final was between Policia Mallorca and Coverton Road. Policia Mallorca were the 2011 Cup champions and also qualified for the Cup in 2012 so you would have to say they were favourites for this game and the Plate having stepped down a level and with past glory. You also need to factor in that Coverton Road had started the day well with 4 points from 6 but 3 successive defeats saw their Cup challenge tail off.


All was going with the form book at the break as Policia Mallorca held a 2-1 advantage thanks to goals from Antonio Bullon Pujol and Jose Manuel Delfa Montoya. Tom Augarde's third goal of the day kept Coverton Road in it at 2-1.


In the second half a monumental effort from the English team saw Andy Hortor bring the teams level at 2-2. It was to get even better though as Augarde scored again to make it 3-2 and all of a sudden Coverton Road were in charge and Policia Mallorca were ragged.


It set up a thrilling finale as Policia Mallorca threw everything at Coverton Road. The Spanish goalkeeper played as a sweeper virtually on the half-way line and Policia Mallorca lay siege on the Coverton Road goal. Coverton Road defended admirably though limiting chances and when the chances did come Policia Mallorca struck the post, Andy La Niece made a cracking save and a scary moment of pinball in the penalty area ended with the ball safely in the goalkeepers arms.


The full-time whistle blew and it was a monumental win for Coverton Road well done to them. Policia Mallorca were out and would have to wait for our June tournament to get back to winning ways.


The second Semi-Final was Team Extreme versus Son Gual. This had the potential to be an epic Semi-Final as both teams came into the game on great run of form. Team Extreme were unbeaten on the day with 2 wins and 3 draws. Son Gual had won their last two group games and were in high spirits.


Team Extreme could count themselves very unlucky not to be playing in the Cup competition but seemed to put that disappointment behind them as they opened the scoring through Chika Kalu's fourth goal of the tournament. They led 1-0 at half-time and all was rosy in the Team Extreme garden.


Things were to get better for Son Gual after the restart as Paul Roman pegged the English team back to 1-1. Momentum was with the Spanish side and they took advantage to go 2-1 up through Jose-Luis Rodriguez. Son Gual were looking at their third win on the bounce and with their tails up it was going to be a tough task for Team Extreme to bring this back. Ultimately, in the allotted time, it was a task that was to prove beyond them and Son Gual were through.


At half-time in these Semi-Finals it looked like being Policia Mallorca v Team Extreme in the Final. At the end it was Coverton Road v Son Gual. How things can turn round!


It was farewell to Team Extreme for today and it felt a bit rough that having gone unbeaten for so long, just one half of football saw them exit the tournament. I am sure greater success will befall them in the future.

Click on links below to proceed to



©Copyright 2006 |
site disclaimer | contact us