Big Time Krakow (Pol)




Deddington Sea Eagles (Eng)

Big Time Krakow (Pol) progress to the Cup.

Deddington Sea Eagles (Eng) progress to the Plate.

For just the 4th time in 85 tournaments we required a group phase penalty shoot-out to decide two team's finishing positions. We had previously had this at the 2007 Prague Trophy and the 2012 & 2013 Budapest Fives. This was only the second time it was required to decide a place in the Cup competition. At the 2012 Budapest Fives, Mersey White Sox defeated Exeter Gently 2-0 to secure safe passage into the Cup competition. Today it was Big Time Krakow and Deddington Sea Eagles.


Big Time Krakow would take the first pen as Stanimir Ribarov put it to the goalkeeper's left for 1-0. Edd Preece was up first for the Sea Eagles, he went the other way but with equal success for 1-1. Adrian Paz was up next for Big Time Krakow, he went to the left of centre. Mark Cook in the Deddington goal got a hand to it but was unable to keep it out. 2-1 to the home team. Jonathan Simon Norris made no mistake as he sent the goalkeeper the wrong way for 2-2.


Into the final round of regulation penalties and it was Carlos Diaz for Big Time Krakow. He passed it into the bottom right hand corner for 3-2. The pressure was really on Deddington Sea Eagles now they had to score. It was goalkeeper turned penalty taker as Mark Cook thumped it high into the top corner. Richard van Gerrevink had no chance of stopping that, 3-3.


We now entered sudden death. Daniel Tonev's penalty was one of the most emphatic you will see sprinted into the run up and launched himself at it, both feet in the air after contact and the ball thumped into the top left corner. The pressure switched to Rob Bradford who passed it coolly into the same corner, 4-4.


Frenchman Jeoffrey Cottens sent the goalkeeper the wrong way for 5-4 as there was no sign of these players missing. Michael Large continued the pattern with an accomplished spot kick for 5-5. It was another Frenchman up next for Big Time Krakow as Kevin Guillaumet assumed duties. Mark Cook was so close to saving it he went the right way, got hands to it but the penalty had enough power on it to make it across the line for 6-5.


Barney Alton was the next man up and sadly for him and Deddington Sea Eagles he would be the last man up as he dragged his penalty wide of the left-hand post as he looked at the target. Deddington Sea Eagles would progress to the Plate this afternoon. Congratulations to Big Time Krakow who would go through to the Cup.

Click on links below to proceed to



©Copyright 2006 |
site disclaimer | contact us