Slavoj Consumer (Cze)




JNJ Wuppertal (Ger)

JNJ Pencoed (Wal)




Fi Tighe FC (Eng)


We were down to our final 4 teams in the Plate competition with 4 nations represented Czech Republic, England, Germany and Wales.


The first Semi-Final would see Slavoj Consumer of the Czech Republic take on JNJ Wuppertal of Germany. These two teams had met in the group stages of the 2012 JNJ Tournament where JNJ Wuppertal won a close contest 1-0. A repeat would do them just nicely!


A repeat of that result did not look on the cards as Slavoj Consumer raced into a 3-0 first-half lead. Martin Cepek gave Slavoj the lead before a great second goal. The ball was played diagonally forward from the left back position to the back post about 8 yards at and David Blaha buried a towering header. It was a sumptuous ball and great finish. Michal Dudon scored the third before the break.


Slavoj Consumer sealed the tie after the break when Blaha made it 4-0. However, JNJ Wuppertal were not finished yet? Stefan Kalhofer reduced arrears to 4-1 and Rafael Jurek's 8th goal of the tournament made it 4-2. The comeback was on for the German team but time was against them. Ultimately time ran out for JNJ Wuppertal and the match finished 4-2 in a highly entertaining game.


Slavoj Consumer had won and claimed their place in the Plate Final. It was sadly game over for JNJ Wuppertal who after a slow start in this Semi-Final had played well and missed out on a European Final by a slim margin. It was our pleasure to host JNJ Wuppertal in Prague last year and here again in Budapest at the 2013 JNJ Euro Soccer Tournament.


The second Semi-Final was an encounter between JNJ Pencoed and Fi Tighe FC as 3rd in Group A played 4th in Group B.


JNJ Pencoed came into this game on a fine run of form. They started the day with 2 defeats but after 3 successive wins they were the form team in the Plate knock-out draw. Fi Tighe FC had played well all day but struggled to accumulate points and found goals hard to come by. They secured their spot in the Semi-Finals in the very last game of the group phase.


The game did not run according to the form book in the opening exchanges as Fi Tighe FC hit the front. Ross McAnlis supplied the finish to grab his first goal of the day and make it 1-0. It was pretty even stuff from then on as both teams battled hard. JNJ Pencoed pushed hard for an equalizer but it never quite came. In the dying seconds of the game Pencoed threw everything forward, including the goalkeeper, for a corner. It was now or never.


Fi Tighe FC managed to clear the corner and it found Peter Lane on the left touch-line around half-way. A smart turn to keep the ball in play and he had an open goal gaping he coolly rolled the ball into the empty net from distance. It was 2-0 and the final whistle blew. Fi Tighe FC had made the Final.


It was a tough way for JNJ Pencoed go out but they could now take a well-earned rest and we look forward to seeing them again on a future European adventure.

Click on links below to proceed to



©Copyright 2006 |
site disclaimer | contact us