CFC A (Fra)




FC Miracle (Hun)

Water Boy (Por)




ManDem United (Eng)


We entered the Cup Quarter-Finals with 4 nations still with a chance of grabbing glory and at the Semi-Final stage we still had 4 nations so again we needed to ask would it be England, France, Hungary or Portugal celebrating at 5pm this evening?

The first Semi-Final would see CFC A of France take on FC Miracle of Hungary. Both teams had 5 wins out of 5 thus far and that record would need to end for one team. CFC A were in their first ever Cup Semi-Final and were reaching new heights in history. FC Miracle had been here before in the 2011 Barca Fives when they despatched 2008 Barca Fives winners Rapid Bosco Navas 3-0. Watch out CFC A!

The game that ensued showed the two teams were evenly matched and the two teams were well organized and giving little away at the back. The match could have gone either way but there was one moment that decided this game and it was a man in fine goalscoring form that settled it. We've mentioned him before, because he keeps finding the net, and it was goal number 8 on the day for Marc Hochar that sent CFC A to the Final.

FC Miracle were out but in Barcelona and Algarve they had shown they were more than capable of winning a tournament. We look forward to their next campaign.


The second Cup Semi-Final was between ManDem United and Aguas Do Algarve with both teams bidding to make their first final.

ManDem United were on a run of 5 successive wins and hoping to make that 6 on their inaugural challenge. Water Boy had lost at this equivalent stage in the 2010 Algarve Open when they lost 1-0 to Athletico Do Hollande and the 2011 Algarve Open lost 5-1 to Cheesecake FC. Would it be third time lucky?

On the early showing it would be third time unlucky as ManDem United who forged a 2-0 lead by half-time and were clearly moving through the gears and stepping up their performance as this tournament was reaching the business end. There was another two goals for ManDem United who secured their biggest win of the day, 4-0.

There was two goals each for Trevor Dennison and Ismet Sumbul. ManDem United were flying and must be strongly fancied in the Cup Final.

The day was over for Water Boy at the Semi-Final stage for a third year in a row. We are sure they can go one step further on a different day and maybe 2013 will be their year.

Group Phase
Wooden Spoon
Plate Knock-out
Cup Knock-out



©Copyright 2006 |
site disclaimer | contact us