Dynamo Fucdarest (Eng)




Eagles UnAthletic (Eng)

Pimp My Side FC (Eng)




FCB Dunkles (Eng)

* Eagles UnAthletic won 3-2 on penalties.


The first Plate Semi-Final was a eurofootballfives classic played out by Dynamo Fucdarest and Eagles UnAthletic. The game itself was 0-0 and two halves of Golden Goal extra time passed with still no goal. For a goal-less draw though we had plenty of action and atmosphere but at the end of it we would have a penalty shoot-out to decide who would book their place in the 2011 Algarve Open Plate Final.


With the other Plate Semi-Final and Wooden Spoon Semi-Finals finished all eyes were on Pitch C and quite a crowd had assembled to watch the penalties. They were treated to some real drama in a great atmosphere.


It was Dynamo Fucdarest to take the first penalty and with 5 goals to his name already Suniel Makh stepped up but he was unable to find the net due to Eagles keeper Craig Chandler. Shahed Miah had the chance to put Eagles ahead but anything Chandler could do, Jagbir Birring in the Dynamo goal could match. Another save and we remained at 0-0.


Randeep Bhogal was up next for Dynamo, 1-0. Chris Payne quickly put Eagles UnAthletic level at 1-1. Dynamo's keeper then took their 3rd spot kick and converted to make it 2-1. All eyes were on Steve Collins who needed to keep his team in it and take penalties to sudden-death. He did and we were level at 2-2.


The next player under the microscope was Raj Dhaliwal of Dynamo but keeper Chandler had the upper hand and the penalty was missed. Could Simon Bransgrove score and put his team into the final? Alas, for him no and we were still level at 2-2. Who was next off the conveyor belt? Harminder Kalirai for Dynamo and yet again it was the goalkeeper on top. Eagles UnAthletic would have another chance of victory. Step up Shaun Miller who converted his spot kick to send the New Milton Eagles into raptures as he disappeared in the middle of an Eagles huddle.


The Eagles joy was in stark contrast to Dynamo's disappointment as Jagbir Birring lay forlorn in his goal and the rest of the Fucdarest squad came forward to shake the hands of their conquerers. It was the second year in a row they had gone out on penalties after the Prague Masters last year. We look forward to seeing the Dynamo Fucdarest team challenge again in Valencia later this season.


The second Plate Semi-Final would see two teams come into a game high on form and with renewed confidence after a slow start. Both teams were unbeaten in three and hoping to make that four games in a bid to meet Eagles UnAthletic in the 2011 Algarve Open Plate Final.


It was Pimp My Side FC who started off the better and they made a decisive move in the first half as Rob Gilhespy and Mark Halling established a 2-0 half-time lead. It was just the start they wanted and just the start that FCB Dunkles didn't want as the Biermeisters looked for a second Plate trophy in as many years.


FCB Dunkles did get back into it with a second half strike from Martin Hunt but when

Ross Longton bagged Pimp My Side's third goal the game was up for FCB Dunkles and they joined their team-mates in the beer garden to settle down and watch the rest of the tournament unfold. Incidentally, FCB Dunkles did claim success later that evening as they won the annual FC Biermeisters boat race!


Pimp My Side had no time to think about a boat race as they had a final to prepare for.

Group Phase
Wooden Spoon
Plate Knock-out
Cup Knock-out



©Copyright 2006 | eurofootballfives.com
site disclaimer | contact us